Nebra HNT Miner Indoor NBR-0030 – Hotspot Miner – 915MHz (US915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3),
Product specifications Nebra HNT Miner
Introducing the Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner
Earn HNT cryptocurrency by mining Helium and building coverage for The People’s Network using the Nebra HNT Miner Indoor Hotspot . Anyone can join The People’s Network and provide hundreds of square miles of wireless network coverage, while mining HNT on the Helium Blockchain just as hotspot miners do.
- Low Power – uses as much power as a broadband router (15W)
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi™ technology maximises range and battery life
Helium LongFi™ is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimised for miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
Nebra HNT Miner Frequency Selection
The Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner comes in three different frequency variants:
- 470 MHz (CN470) – this is suitable for China.
- 868 MHz (EU868, IN865, RU864) – this is suitable for EU, India, Russia and a variety of other countries.
- 915 MHz (US915, AU915, KR920, AS923-1/2/3) – this is suitable for USA, Australia, New Zealand and lots of countries in South America and Asia.
If you are unsure which frequency you need to order you can take a look at our “What Helium Region” tool created by our engineer Ryan.
In the Nebra HNT hotspot miners, the frequency plan for the LoRa concentrator (for example US915 or AU915) is determined automatically based on the location that you choose for the “location assert”. This means that within the frequency variants (470 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz) you can move it to a new location with a different frequency plan and it will auto-update. This only works within a single frequency – for example you can change from a US915 to AU915 location. But you can’t change from a US915 location to EU868 or CN470 without changing the concentrator module.
Coverage Of the Nebra HNT Miner
The Nebra HNT Indoor Hotspot Miner earns HNT Helium tokens when devices connect, and for validating wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called Proof-of-Coverage, Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they’re in range of other miners, but need to be at least 300 metres apart.
The range depends on the environment:
- Rural areas: ~10 miles or more.
- Dense areas: ~ 1 mile.
Single HNT Hotspot Miners earn less as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t participate in Proof-of-Coverage.
How much does this miner earn?
Compared to other cryptocurrencies there isn’t a constant amount of HNT earned per day by the units due to the variations on a setup to setup basis.
Take a look at this coverage map to see what others in your region are earning.
This kit comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module.
- LoRa Concentrator Module.
- 3dBi Plastic Antenna.
- 12V Power Supply (Worldwide).
- Nebra ECC Key for securely storing your swarm key.
- Hotspot $40 on boarding
- First $10 location assert
- **Any change of location after are covered by the user at a cost of $10 USD / 1,000,000 DC.
- *Please note: the current case picture is a placeholder image. We will update the images as soon as we have pictures of the new casing.
The Nebra hotspot miners come with two options for managing your hotspot remotely.